Les Affreux et les Marmottes Index du Forum
 FAQ    Rechercher    Membres    Groupes   S’enregistrer   Profil    Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés    Connexion 

Theodore Roosevelt African And European Addresses Illumi

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Les Affreux et les Marmottes Index du Forum -> Tournois, Matchs, Rencontres -> Tournoi Loisirs Midi Pyrénées
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
bladjos

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 06:53 (2017)    Sujet du message: Theodore Roosevelt African And European Addresses Illumi Répondre en citant

Theodore Roosevelt: African And European Addresses {Illumination Publishing}
by Theodore Roosevelt
rating: ( reviews)

->>>DOWNLOAD BOOK Theodore Roosevelt: African And European Addresses {Illumination Publishing}
->>>ONLINE BOOK Theodore Roosevelt: African And European Addresses {Illumination Publishing}

My original intention had been to return to the United States direct from Africa, by the same route I took when going out. I altered this intention because of receiving from the Chancellor of Oxford University, Lord Curzon, an invitation to deliver the Romanes Lecture at Oxford. The Romanes Foundation had always greatly interested me, and I had been much struck by the general character of the annual addresses, so that I was glad to accept. Immediately afterwards, I received and accepted invitations to speak at the Sorbonne in Paris, and at the University of Berlin. In Berlin and at Oxford, my addresses were of a scholastic character, designed especially for the learned bodies which I was addressing, and for men who shared their interests in scientific and historical matters. In Paris, after consultation with the French Ambassador, M. Jusserand, through whom the invitation was tendered, I decided to speak more generally, as the citizen of one republic addressing the citizens of another republic.
When, for these reasons, I had decided to stop in Europe on my way home, it of course became necessary that I should speak to the Nobel Prize Committee in Christiania, in acknowledgment of the Committee's award of the peace prize, after the Peace of Portsmouth had closed the war between Japan and Russia.
While in Africa, I became greatly interested in the work of the Government officials and soldiers who were there upholding the cause of civilization. These men appealed to me; in the first place, because they reminded me so much of our own officials and soldiers who have reflected such credit on the American name in the Philippines, in Panama, in Cuba, in Porto Rico; and, in the next place, because I was really touched by the way in which they turned to me, with the certainty that I understood and believed in their work, and with the eagerly expressed hope that when I got the chance I would tell the people at home what they were doing and would urge that they be supported in doing it.
In my Egyptian address, my endeavor was to hold up the hands of these men, and at the same time to champion the cause of the missionaries, of the native Christians, and of the advanced and enlightened Mohammedans in Egypt. To do this it was necessary emphatically to discourage the anti-foreign movement, led, as it is, by a band of reckless, foolish, and sometimes murderous agitators. In other words, I spoke with the purpose of doing good to Egypt, and with the hope of deserving well of the Egyptian people of the future, unwilling to pursue the easy line of moral culpability which is implied in saying pleasant things of that noisy portion of the Egyptian people of to-day, who, if they could have their way, would irretrievably and utterly ruin Egypt's future. In the Guildhall address, I carried out the same idea. I made a number of other addresses, some of which--those, for instance, at Budapest, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, and the University of Christiania,--I would like to present here; but unfortunately they were made without preparation, and were not taken down in shorthand, so that with the exception of the address made at the dinner in Christiania and the address at the Cambridge Union these can not be included.
THEODORE ROOSEVELT. SAGAMORE HILL, July 15, 1910.

Details:
price: $11.99
bound: 138 pages
publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (March 7, 2017)
lang: English
asin:
isbn: 1544213018, 978-1544213019,
weight: 9.3 ounces (
filesize:

Theodore Roosevelt: African And European Addresses {Illumination Publishing} Theodore Roosevelt
Theodore Roosevelt: African And European Addresses {Illumination Publishing} audio find store price download Theodore Roosevelt: African And European Addresses {Illumination Publishing} read free ipad

Movies Genres Action Adventure Animals Anime Biography Children's Comedy Crime Documentary Drama Family Fantasy Health & Fitness History Horror Music Musical Mystery Romance Sci-fi Sport Thriller TV Shows War Western Sorry, but the page or book you tried to access is unavailableWe apologize for the inconvenience"Will you be so kind as to inform me whether this ci Music Genres Alternative Blues Children's Music Christian & Gospel Comedy Country Electronic Folk Hip-Hop Jazz Latin Metal Pop R&B & Soul Rap Reggae Rock Soundtrack Classical Chamber Music Choral Music Opera Orchestral Music Symphony Vocal Music app 13352,2528 13352,2528 For Ivan Gorchev won the Nobel Prize in physics in a card game, called macaoSUBSCRIBE TO MANYBOOKS FREE EBOOKS Join 150,000+ fellow readers! Get Free eBooks and book bargains from ManyBooks in your inboxBooks for your passion." are registered trademarks with the Registered US Patent & Trademark Office.By using the Web site, you confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by the TermsandConditionsWould you like some chicken?" "No, thank you." "Fruit, cognac?" "No, no." "Well, then, do accept at least a few roses!." "Oh, you are very kind, sir, but it's forbidden to walk around with roses instead of a baton on duty." "Come now! Nor is it permitted to drink red wine, and yet you came out of the bar on the other side of the street." "Excuse my asking but why is it that you are consuming your tasty lunch in a kind of open-air performance?" Gorchev looked upDownloadselect format.ePub (.epub) *eReader (.pdb) *FictionBook2 (.fb2) *HTML - custom (.zip) *iPod Notes (.zip) *iSilo (.pdb) *Kindle (.azw) *Mobipocket (.mobi) *Mobipocket (.prc) *MS lit (slow) (.lit) *Newton (.pkg) *PalmDOC (.pdb) *PDF (.pdf) *PDF - custom (.pdf) *PDF Large Print (.pdf) *Plain text (.txt) *Plucker (.pdb) *Rocketbook (.rb) *RTF (.rtf) *Sony Reader.lrf (.lrf) *TCR (.tcr) *zTXT (.pdb) *JAR file View Full Site Author: Jeno Rejto (PEdge $0.99 $3.99 Children of the Sun By Brian W - The 14-Carat RoadsterBookFinder.com Find any book at the best price FillZ.com Inventory, Repricing and Order Management To win a scientific award at such a young age is unprecedented, though some people might consider the means by which it was achieved a flawAbeBooks, the AbeBooks logo, AbeBooks.com, "Passion for books." and "Passion for booksIvan Gorchev was not yet twenty-one when he won the Nobel Prize in physics ABC DEFG HIJKLMN OPQRST UVWX YZ ABC DEFG HIJKLMN OPQRST UVWX YZ () Books Subjects Architecture Art Audiobooks Bibles Biography Business & Finance Career & Professional Children's Books Comics Computer Cookbooks Dictionary Drama Encyclopedia Erotica Family & Relationship Fantasy Fiction Graphic Novels Health & Fitness History Horror Humor Maps Math Memoirs Mystery Poetry Religion Romance Science Science Fiction Self Help Sports & Recreation Travel All Subjects Shop With Us Advanced Search Browse Collections Classic Browse How AbeBooks Works My Account My Orders View Basket Sell With Us Sell Books Join Our Affiliate Program Textbook Buyback About Us About AbeBooks Media Careers Privacy & Security Designated Agent Find Help Help Guide Contact Us Other AbeBooks Companies AbeBooks.co.uk AbeBooks.de AbeBooks.fr AbeBooks.it AbeBooks Aus/NZ AbeBooks.ca IberLibro.com ZVAB.com BookFinder.com Find any book at the best price FillZ.com Inventory, Repricing and Order Management Follow AbeBooks Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Blog Textbooks Popular Subjects Accounting Anthropology Art History Astronomy Biology Business Management Chemistry Computer Science Criminal Justice Economics Education Engineering Finance Geography Marketing Mathematics Nursing Physics Programming Psychology Sociology Statistics Theater Web Design More Textbooks College Textbooks Homeschool Textbooks High School Textbooks Middle School Textbooks Grade School Textbooks Search Textbooks Rent Textbooks By Ruth GReader Reviews Add the first review for this title! AbeBooks.co.uk AbeBooks.de AbeBooks.fr AbeBooks.it AbeBooks Aus/NZ AbeBooks.ca IberLibro.com ZVAB.com 48a4f088c3

Die Irises: Van Gogh cross stitch patternThe Brontes in Ireland: Or, Facts Stranger Than FictionDC Comics Wonder Woman: The Ultimate Guide to the Amazon WarriorA tale of two countries-Part 1-China (Volume 1) (Chinese Edition)The Harp of the West: A Collection of Sacred Music, Arranged for the Organ and Piano Forte; Consisting of Selections From the Most Distinguished ... Pieces From the Editors (Classic Reprint)A Steam Engine PilgrimageRobinson Jeffers: A Study in Inhumanism (Classic Reprint)Life Is Better With A German Shepherd Scrapbook and Journal: Dog Vaccination Record, Puppy Baby Book and Memory Book (Dog Scrapbook)The Soviet Union and Lincoln County USAWelcome Tidings: A New Collection of Sacred Songs for the Sunday School,

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Lun 3 Juil - 06:53 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Les Affreux et les Marmottes Index du Forum -> Tournois, Matchs, Rencontres -> Tournoi Loisirs Midi Pyrénées Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation